Solvay America Inc. and all Solvay companies in North America commit to achieve sustainable, competitive business advantage through leadership and excellence in Health, Safety, Security and the Environment (HSSE).
This vision can be realized through commitment to and implementation of Responsible Care® Management Systems.
To achieve this vision, we will abide by the following policy.
- Integrate HSSE in all aspects of operations and activities where nothing will take priorityover HSSE
- Establish and periodically review Responsible Care® goals, objectives and targets
- Protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, visitors,neighbors, customers and all affected by our operations or products and have appropriate emergency response and communicationmeasures in place
- Comply with all applicable HSSE laws, regulations, rules and codes
- Commit to continuous improvement inour HSSE performance by participating in the American
- Chemistry Council Responsible Care®initiative, and follow the Guiding Principles with the ultimategoal of no accidents, occupational injuries or diseases,or harm to the environment
- Ensure that our facilities are built, operated and maintainedsafely to protectour employees, contractorsand the environment
- Operate our business in an environmentally and socially responsible manner
- Adopt a comprehensive approach to Product Stewardship, Sustainable Development in all aspects of our products life cycle including design, manufacturing, distribution, use, recycle and disposal activities.
- Provide HSSE education and training to employees to ensure their awareness, to help them work safely and to achieve continuous improvement in reaching HSSE goals.
- Conserve energy, water and other natural resources and raw materials through pollution prevention, waste minimization, and recycling as much as feasible
- Communicate openly with our internaland external stakeholders about our Responsible Care®goals,activities and HSSE performance
- Ensure that our managers and employees understand their responsibility and accountability for HSSE implementation and continuous improvement
- Site managers will communicate this policy to their employees and stakeholders