As part of the Rare Earth Systems, the Cincinnati plant was built in 1942 by the Defense Plant Corporation to support the war effort during WWII. It was acquired by Solvay in 2011 and its main products are alumina and rare earth oxide powders for automobile catalytic converter applications.
4775 Paddock Road
Cincinnati, OH 45229
The Marietta plant site started up in 1965 as part of a larger Union Carbide complex and was purchased by Amoco in 1986. Solvay acquired the plant from BP-Amoco in 2001 and employs about 300 people to produce compounds for Solvay Specialty Polymer Polysulfones such as RadelⓇand UdelⓇ.
17005 State Route 7
Marietta, OH 45750