The multifunctional Diesel Fuel-Borne Catalyst Additive for Diesel markets
Diesel engines enjoy growing popularity because of their fuel-efficiency and driveability. However, they face major challenges in controlling particulate matter and NOx emissions.
Associated with a particulate filter, Eolys PowerFlex® fuel-borne catalyst allows fast and complete particulate filter regeneration, with 99.9 percent of emitted particles eliminated.
Features & Benefits
- Enhances DPF regeneration efficiency under city driving conditions and cold operation
- Reduces engine oil dilution and maintenance
- Reduces fuel consumption (between 3 to 5% versus alternative DPF regeneration strategies)
- Limits the negative impact of bio-diesel fuels on the global system performance
- Protects the fuel injection system and equipment
- Keeps the high-pressure EGR valve and turbocharger clean
- Introduces flexibility in exhaust after treatment layout and in NOx-abatement technologies for EURO6 and beyond
- Not sensitive to the sulfur content of the fuel, allowing OEMs to offer advanced and clean diesel products in emerging markets (BRIC)
Eolys PowerFlex® is specially designed for reliability and flexibility in DPF regeneration under city driving conditions, cold vehicle operations and use in high sulfur fuels countries :
- Recommended fuel treatment rate of 3 to 5mg Metal catalyst per kg of fuel (ppm Metal)
- Vehicle-on-Board volume of 1.2 to 1.9 liters for a 250,000km autonomy (for fuel consumption of 7 liters/100km)
Solvay Fuel Additives Range, the reference for OEMs
Solvay was the pioneer with the launch in 2000 of the first OEM series production of the fuel-borne catalysts for the passenger cars and light-duty vehicles markets.
Previous generations, Eolys® DPX42 and Eolys®176 are still referenced and used in the OEMs aftermarket.