Fomblin® PFPE are fluorinated lubricants representing the best choice when aggressive chemical environments, high temperatures or wide working-temperature ranges are involved.
Fomblin® PFPE lubricants are engineered for those applications where heat, chemicals, solvents, corrosion, toxicity, flammability, and service life present lubrication problems. While Fomblin® PFPE lubricants can be used in their original form, they are often formulated into greases for specific applications in the chemical, electronic, military, nuclear, data processing, and other industries in need of high performance lubrication.
- Fomblin® Y LVAC and Y HVAC PFPE grades are ideal for use in vacuum pumps as sealing and working fluids especially in those systems exposed to aggressive gases.
- Fomblin® Y LVAC and HVAC PFPE combine narrow molecular weight range and controlled viscosity with an extremely low vapor pressure. Thus, they provide superior performance in high vacuum applications.
- Fomblin® PFPE specialty lubricant grades are designed for oxygen handling and lubrication of oxygen pumps and liquid compressors.
- When anti-rust and anti-wear properties are required, Solvay offers a special family of additivated Fomblin® Y LVAC RP grades.
- Unmatched chemical and solvent resistance
- Excellent thermal resistance
- Excellent electrical resistance
- Non–reactive with metal, plastic, elastomers and rubber
- Inert to liquid and gaseous oxygen
- Good viscosity index
- Extremely wide operating temperature range
- Low evaporation loss
- Easily formulated into greases
- Environmentally safe
- Zero ozone depletion potential
- No volatile organic chemicals
- Non–toxic behavior
Service Temperature Range Comparison
Linear Fomblin® PFPE vs Standard Base Oils Viscosity Comparison
Base Oil Comparison - Evaporation Weight Loss
Linear PFPEs - Higher VI
(22hrs @ 204°C)
|Fomblin® PFPE Lubricants Material Compatibility|
|Nitrile (Buna N)||+||o||o||+||+|
+: Good / O: Fair / -: Poor